Recital Information Packet
- Costume Pick Up Day: April 22, 2023 from 1:00-4:00pm @ Prep Academy Dance Studio
- Virtual Recital Meeting via Google Meet: April 30, 2023 @ 6:30pm or May 11, 2023 @ 5:30pm
- Dress Rehearsal: Saturday, May 27, 2023 from 1:00-4:00pm @ the Paramount Theatre ( 352 Cypress St.)
- Recital: Sunday, May 28, 2023 @ 5:00pm @ the Paramount Theatre (352 Cypress St.)
Costume Pick up Day: April 22, 2023
Location: Studio A
Location: Studio A
- Try on costume ASAP once receiving it.
- Any missing items will be marked on bag. Once we receive the item(s) they will be distributed to you.
- Costumes that are a dress/skirt/shorts will receive a pair of tights. Do not wear these until the day of recital.
- No underwear. Underwear lines are easily seen on stage with the bright lights.
- For dancers who need to wear a bra, please make sure you are wearing one that does not show under your costume. No bra straps showing either.
- Stud earrings are the only jewelry allowed during dress rehearsal and recital.
- Do not wear your costume into the facility. You will change into your costume(s) on site.
Hair and Makeup
Makeup and hair is required for rehearsal and recital day. The bright lights on the stage wash out all your child’s features. The makeup enhances them so we can see their faces better.
- Preschool & Elementary: Please have hair curled and pulled half up or in an updo. Head pieces will go on the right side of their head. For their make-up, have them wear powder, red or pink lipstick, red/pink blush, blue eyeshadow, and mascara. Fake eyelashes are optional.
- Middle School & High School: Hair is specific for each class( ask your Instructor). Makeup is to be worn heavier. Lips: red/pink lipstick appropriate for skin tone. Cheeks: red/pink blush. Eyes: darker eyeshadow( smokey eye) & mascara. Don’t forget your foundation, powder, eyeliner, & highlighter. Fake eyelashes are optional.
- Cheer: Hair needs to be in a high pony with bowtails to the front. If hair cannot physically go into a high pony it needs to be in a high half up. Please see the above age groups for makeup.
Virtual Recital Meeting
Dates: April 30, 2023 @ 6:30pm or May 11, 2023 @ 5:30pm
- It is important that a parent/guardian attends one of the dates. We will go over this packet and answer any questions you may have.
- You only need to attend one even if you have multiple children or in multiple classes.
- If you cannot attend either of these please let the Studio Manager know. We will schedule a time to chat with you. We do not want you to be lost at Dress Rehearsal or Recital.
- Links will be emailed out to you closer to time.
Dress Rehearsal Schedule
Date: May 27, 2023 from 1:00-4:00pm
- Not open to the public.
- Only 1 parent/guardian allowed. This should be the parent/guardian helping their child get dressed.
- Doors will open at 12:15pm
- Parents for children 10 and under are required to stay present at rehearsal.
- Full hair, makeup, and costumes are required at rehearsal. Do not wear your costume into the facility you will be practicing changing on site.
- We will run through each dance 1-2 times in order of the program.
- Please have hair and makeup already done upon arrival.
- Once your dancer is done with all their dancers at rehearsal you are free to leave.
Date: May 28, 2022 @ 5:00pm
- Doors will open an hour before showtime.
- Full hair, makeup, and costumes are required at recital.
- Please have hair and makeup done prior to arriving. Unless you are having it done onsite.
- Do not wear costume into the building.
Recital Finale Dance Sign Up
Optional for ages 6+
- A super fun ending to our recital! Anyone ages 6+ is allowed to participate to learn the final routine for free.
- Dancers must be able to participate in ALL practices
- Practices with Miss. Rylee (will be able to take video to practice outside of scheduled practices):
- Sunday, March 19th, 3:00-5:00pm( only practice that is 2 hours)
- Sunday, April 16th, 4:00-5:00pm
- Sunday, May 7th, 4:00-5:00pm
- Dress Rehearsal
- Dancers will wear the costume they performed in last.
Recital Daddy + Daughter Dance Sign Up
Optional for ages 4-7 and 8+
- A way to spend valuable time with your daughter and learn a sweet dance together that will be performed at recital.
- Dancers & Dads must be able to participate in ALL practices.
- Practices with Miss. Haleigh (will be able to take video to practice outside of scheduled practices):
- Sunday, March 26th, Ages 4-7 from 2:00-3:00pm, Ages 8+ from 3:00-4:00pm
- Sunday, April 16th, Ages 4-7 from 2:00-3:00pm, Ages 8+ from 3:00-4:00pm
- Sunday, May 7th, Ages 4-7 from 2:00-3:00pm, Ages 8+ from 3:00-4:00pm
- $50/daddy daughter duo to participate
Recital Photography Form
- Penny Lynn Photography will be taking our Stage pictures(action shots)!
- Bloom Photography will be taking our Costume Portraits! This are photos taken in their costumes at the studio
- Costume Portrait Day: April 29, 2023 from 10:00am-5:00pm
- Digital recital photographs & costume portraits will be available for purchase.
- You are allowed to take your own pictures/videos, just no flash photography.
- No phones in the air- This blocks the photographer's line of vision.
Recital Video Form
- By the Stream Media will be videoing the whole recital.
- Digital downloads and USB’s will be available for purchase
Recital Ad Form (earn FREE perks by selling ads for our program!)
Recital Tee Shirt Order Form
Recital Ticket Order Form
- Tickets are required for all guests. Dancers are free and receive 2 FREE tickets per family.
- Link to purchase coming soon!